Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tournament Report: 6/13/09

I went to a small scale tournament today. 15 people showed up.

I ran Rauzes-Monarchs.

1st Match: VS Lock - Cure Burn - Lily Beatdown - Guy who plays Lock every tournament
OO

1st game got locked down first turn, and the enemy cured until 15000 Life. He didnt draw into Big Bang girl early, which meant I had full life. He had a field of 2 Lilys(who strangely didnt attack), and was holding 3 Golden Lady bugs.
I tributed 2, set Gorz, and set DDV. Opened next turn to wreck his setup, stormed the next turn, and won because of that.
2nd game I didnt draw into Vanity, Gorz, or Caius. Syncroed into Colossal, and sent it off for DDV. Apply beatdown with Shiba Warrior Taro, Mashamallon, and Winged Kuriboh, and after a few turns open Kuriboh Summoning Flute for game.

2nd Match: VS Cat Syncro(Full English) - Store Worker
OO

Both games opened with Vanity, Kuriboh Flute, and DDV. What fun. 1st Game also opened with Heavy. 2nd Game with a Caius and Treeborn. The next draw after my 2nd game would have been Prohibition.

3rd Match: VS Skill Drain Metabeat - Guy who skipped out school to go to tournament
XOX

1st game I drew into VanityX3, CaiusX2, and a Winged Kuriboh. I didnt last that long. The enemy got up Oppression + Skill Drain on turn 1. Vanity against a deck that can easliy include it is bad.

2nd Game I drew well. 2X Manevolent Catastrophes, Kuriboh Flute, and Raiza, amongst others.

3rd Game I screwed up bad. I had taken out 1X Caius, 1X Gorz, 3X Vanity, my Chaos Sorceror, and other things. I DIDNT remember to take out DDV. DDV doesnt hurt the enemy's deck at all. Dead draws killed me.

4th Game(For 3rd Place) - Dimension Gladials - Gucci

No duels. He surrendered because he had to go off.

I left shortly after.


Needed Changes: +1 Pot of Avarice OR 1 Winged Kuriboh in main. Tragoedia in side does nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment